CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 06, 2008

musings of late...

"When God created man in His own image and likeness, it was so he would have a life as similar to God's as possible." --Andrew Murray, Covenants and Blessings

I've been thinking a lot on this statement lately. While I'm in no place to really expand on my thoughts right now, the more I read this statement, the more profound it becomes. Andrew Murray continues to be one of my favorite writers, and I've read the introduction to this book about five times. I'm not ready to move past it yet because I don't think it's sunk in.

I'm attending lectures and workshops at Asbury this month--the topic is "A Movement into Mystery: Modern Psalms and Psalmists." We're looking specifically at recent American Poets (the teacher's speciality) and their writings as a means of spiritual pilgrimage, and at poetry and psalm writing as both a discipline and a needed component of wrestling with the mystery of God. The first night really ignited some interesting things in me, bringing a lot of dormant creativity out of its cave. Strangely enough, we've been writing psalms in our Thursday night bible study every once in a while for the past year. We've talked and are now preparing to launch a blog for our church called Psalms of Hope--a place where people in our community can post their own writings as well as read the thoughts and struggles that shine through other's psalms. I've really never tried anything like this, so I don't know how this will result, but every time we've written things in our bible study, people both see things on paper about their own heart that they didn't know were around, and are blessed in the readings and thoughts of others. SO--check it out.

0 comments: