CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

snow makes me cold

i have this weird relationship with snow. i like to play in it. i like to make snowballs and throw them in a snowball fight. i like the way it makes the rolling hills in central kentucky look when covered with snow. i like watching bojangles antelope-sprint through it, with the snow on his doggy nose.

i do not like shoveling snow. i do not like having to run my car for an hour to get it to thaw out. i do not like how no mater how i try to protect my feet from the wet/cold, they always end up wet and cold. i do not like how my honda civic becomes a death trap when snow is near.

so, right now i have this weird tension with snow, and i don't know how to resolve it. and everywhere i go, there's snow, so it's hard to avoid. i don't want to pretend we don't have issues, but i don't know if anything will ever change...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) Imagine yourself on a beach on a warm sunny day...gazing at the ocean. I know everyone is different but, that's what helps me. I'm so over the snow:-)
Kat

happyjoebennett said...

I think you and snow may need to go on a 'break.' That's unfortunate because I really thought you two would make it.

Kari said...

Hey Drew! It was great seeing you at Starbucks tonight! Wish I could have heard more of your stories, but I had to keep chasing the little guy around! Found your blog...I enjoy blogs! Hey, man, I'm not sure you knew this, but your link to "Post Secrets" has, like, nudity on it! Just wanted to let you know if you hadn't gone there in awhile! :) I'll look forward to reading your blog! :) In Christ, Kari McGrath